Hey guys, it’s Mike with Barrier Pest Control here with the exciting announcement that, as a company, we will be doing rodent exclusion! That means mice and rats now have a lot more to worry about in the Treasure Valley.
Rodent exclusion involves taking away the easy entry into your home.
We start by inspection of the obvious and common areas:
- Crawlspace vents — Inspect to see if it is in working order with no gaps or holes in the vent.
- Garage door gaps — Is there a large enough of a gap for a rodent on the floor of the garage
or on the sides when the garage door is shut?
- Utility lines such as Electrical, Gas, or Coolant. – Is the place where the lines enter the house sealed properly? This is one of the most obvious places where your caulk or foam deteriorates or wasn’t installed properly the first time.
- Other visible cracks, holes, and entry points.
Here’s what we can do.
- Seal up and/or replace crawlspace vents
- Foam, caulk, to fill gaps around the garage door.
- Foam, caulk, copper mesh around utility lines
- Treat any other visible entry points
Why would you want to do rodent exclusion work on your home? If you have had mice or rat issues in the past and you would like to eliminate some of the easy ways for them to get into your home. You might be tired Rodents making your home their own personal Airbnb without paying rent! Sure, Barrier is amazing at getting rid of existing mice and rat problems and we even love doing it. Why make it easy for them to get into your home? Call Barrier Pest Control at (208) 463-4533 and we will show you where they are coming in to give you that added protection against rodents.