Kuna is a small city but it is one of the fastest-growing in Idaho. As part of the Boise Metropolitan Statistical Area, it was once known as the hidden gem of the Valley. Today, the uniqueness of this area which has a small-town feel with the conveniences of the big city has brought more and more people to it from within the state, and from all over the country.
Unfortunately, as more and more people discover the beauty of Kuna, so too do many different pests. Ants, bed bugs, termites, stinging insects, and spiders are just some of the most common pests that call Kuna home. They are all incredibly annoying and make a home no longer feel like a safe space. If you are dealing with any type of pest, our Kuna pest control professionals can get rid of the problem for you so your home can be the castle you once knew it to be.
6 Most Common Pests In KUNA?
Anyone who has taken a walk through one of Kuna’s beautiful parks, or has even just tried to enjoy a backyard barbecue, has probably come across a pest or two along the way. Any type of pest can quickly become an annoyance, and some can even harm a person’s health and cause property damage. Although any type of pest can become a problem, there are some that are more common than others in Kuna. These are as follows:
- Ants: Ants are not the harmless creatures people think they are. Kuna is home to many different types of ants including carpenter ants, pavement ants, and harvester ants. Ants keep their colony alive in a number of interesting ways but you typically have to kill the queen before you can get rid of the problem. This is much more difficult than most people think and so, a Kuna pest control professional is usually necessary to totally eradicate the problem.
- Earwigs: Contrary to the number of myths that have abounded about earwigs over the years, these insects are completely harmless to humans. Still, no one wants large pest populations of any kind around their home. Earwigs are generally drawn to areas that are regularly wet and contain decaying plants and wood that is difficult to get rid of. While there are dry and cold months in Kuna, a large portion of the year will have hospitable As such, regular treatments are usually necessary to get rid of the problem, and keep them from returning.
- Spiders: Even though many people have a genuine fear of spiders, the majority of them in Kuna do not pose a threat to humans. Still, there are some, such as the black widow spider, that can have an extremely negative effect on a person’s health. Black widow spiders will not bite and inject their venom into a human being unless they feel threatened. Trying to handle them is enough for them to feel as though they are under attack. As such, if you see a black widow spider, or have a large population of another species, you should leave it to a professional Kuna pest control company to remove.
- Bed bugs: Bed bugs are most active at night, so it is not always easy to identify when you have a problem. Bed bugs hide in the nooks and crannies of mattresses and box springs. They are attracted to carbon dioxide and warmth, so they come out at night to feed. The first sign is usually red, itchy bumps that are found in the morning, and usually present as three bites in a row. If you have seen bed bugs, or suspect that you are getting bitten at night, a Kuna pest control professional can identify the problem for you, and then get rid of it.
- Stinging insects: Hornets and wasps are not only annoying, but they deliver a sting that is so painful, that many people have a genuine fear of them. Stinging insects are generally drawn to piles of debris, standing water, and old burrows near a home, so making sure these things are not around your home is a good prevention tactic. Still, these prevention tips are not always enough, and when that is the case, it usually requires a Kuna pest control company to remove them.
- Rodents: Having mice or rats in your home is not always a sign of an unclean home, but there are times when it is. Clearing clutter will eliminate any of the hiding spaces rodents use to hide and create their nests, and sealing any cracks and gaps in the home’s foundation, windows, and doors can also prevent them from coming in.
How to Prepare for Pest Control
Many people wonder how they can properly prepare for a Kuna pest control treatment, as they want to make the most out of it. That is entirely natural. The biggest thing homeowners can do when preparing for pest control treatment is to clean the areas that will be treated. When these areas are clean, the solution used for treatment can often adhere to it better. Additionally, cleaning these areas afterward can wipe away any of the solutions used, so they are no longer effective.
When cleaning, it is sometimes easy to remember the main areas, such as countertops, floors, and other surfaces. Other areas though, are not so obvious. For example, areas behind appliances such as ovens and refrigerators are great places for pests to live and hide. Due to the fact that these areas are not always visible to people though, they do not think to clean these areas. Laundry rooms, wood piles, and garbage cans are also attractive to pests, so these areas should be cleaned thoroughly as well.
We Provide Effective Pest Control Solutions for Residents of Kuna
Regardless of the type of pest you are dealing with, our Kuna pest control professionals at Barrier Pest Control can help you eliminate it once and for all. We will identify the pest you are dealing with, and how they are getting in, so once your home receives treatment, they will stay away once and for all. Call us today at 208-463-4533 or contact us online to learn more about how we can help.
Our Customers Love Us! See What They Are Saying.
I recently decided to use Barrier Lawn and Pest services as I became acquainted with their services through my place of work. The initial contact with Mike Dean was personable and informative. Scheduling of the service was also very accommodating as I was not given a 2-4 hour window as I had experienced with other companies. The technician arrived on time and reviewed the service with my wife before beginning. Upon completion, my wife was given the company's contact information in case we had any future questions. This experience was very pleasant and we would recommend Barrier's services to any friend or neighbor.View All Testimonials
This Month's Featured Pest
Over 30? No, not age; that’s how many diseases mice are known to carry or spread through bites & saliva, urine & feces, and even general handling. LCM (Meningitis), Tularemia, HPS (Hantavirus) & Salmonella are some of the worst. …and this isn’t even touching on the multitude of issues caused by mice-hitchhikers like mites, fleas, and ticks…like the various types of Plagues (Septicemic, Pneumonic & Bubonic). However, when we said over 30, it could be as high as 200. Oh, did you also want to know about a mouse’s lifespan? The answer is generally from 5 months to 2 years, depending on their living environment. House mice may be the most common mammal in America, and you’ll usually find them looking to enter your house between October & February. All this being said, though, they can be pretty cute.More Pests
Give Us A Shot!
Because of who we are, our history, our commitment to the future, our guarantee, and the specific standards that we hold ourselves to, we are confident that you will want to do business with us. Give us a call at (208) 463-4533 to request a quote! We are open Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM.
Service Area (Southwest Idaho)
Our pest control services are also available in Boise, Garden City, Eagle, Emmett, Meridian, Kuna, Nampa, Melba, Middleton, Star, Marsing, Homedale, Caldwell and Mountain Home.