Garden City may not be the biggest city in Idaho, but it certainly is one of the trendiest. A city known for its great live music, brewers and wine tastings, along with the rapids along the Boise River, there is something here for everyone. Unfortunately, there are also many pests that like to call Garden City home too, and once they make their way into your home, they can make life unbearable.
COMMON PESTS IN GARDEN CITY, ID
Garden City is home to many different types of pests. Some of the most common of these are:
- Earwigs: Earwigs are attracted to moist areas that have decaying plant and wood matter. While they are generally harmless to humans, earwigs look very frightening, with menacing pincers that protrude from their abdomen. Regular treatments are often necessary to keep them away from the area around your home.
- Termites: Termites cause approximately $5 billion worth of property damage every year. Infestations are rare in Garden City, but they are devastating to the structural integrity of a home when they occur. Termites typically chew through wood looking for the cellulose inside. If you have seen mud tubes outside of the home, or wings on the windowsills or ground outside of your home, particularly during the spring months, an infestation may have set in.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches are extremely hardy creatures and once they make their way inside a home, they are also very difficult to get rid of. A Garden City pest control company will eliminate any current infestation and then determine how cockroaches are getting inside to make sure they do not come back.
- Bed bugs: Bed bugs can enter a home through a number of ways. One of the main ways they get in is by hitching a ride in luggage after someone has traveled. However, bed bugs also hide in secondhand furniture and clothing, and make their way into homes that way.
- Stinging insects: Seeing a wasp or hornet nest hanging near your home is frightening. Wasps usually create their nests near light fixtures and eaves troughs, which are both places near doorways. There are many recommendations online for removing a wasp or hornet nest, but these should never be handled by anyone but a professional. Wasps and hornets will become extremely aggressive, particularly when they are threatened. They can also sting multiple times, leaving a person in immense pain and generally feeling unwell.
- Mosquitoes: Mosquitoes pose a significant threat to human health. They carry many diseases they can then transmit to people through just one bite. The Zika virus, malaria, and West Nile virus are just a few of the most common diseases mosquitoes carry. Even when they do not cause someone to become sick, mosquitoes are incredibly annoying, particularly when you have a large population in or around your home.
- Ants: It is natural to think that while they are a nuisance, ants are generally harmless. Unfortunately, that is not true. Like all other pests, ants are incredibly dirty and they do carry and transmit fungal and bacterial organisms that have been identified as serious disease pathogens. Carpenter ants also chew through wood when looking for someone to create a nest, which can also damage the structure of a home.
- Fleas and ticks: The fact that ticks can carry and transmit Lyme disease to humans is common knowledge, but people do not realize that fleas can also make an animal very sick. Fleas can transmit tapeworm to dogs and at the very least, they will bite several times as they need the warm-blooded host to feed. As pets scratch excessively, they can suffer from skin loss and ultimately, inflammation and scabbing. All pets should be seen by a vet when they have fleas and the interior of the home has to be treated to eliminate the problem. Anyone who lives in a woody area should also always be on the alert for ticks.
- Spiders: No one wants a large population of spiders in their home, but there are some species that are more dangerous than others. The black widow spider injects venom when they bite someone and that venom can be very harmful to humans. However, they will only bite when they feel threatened, so it is important people never handle these on their own but instead, call a Garden City pest control company that can help.
- Rodents: Rats and mice will do an incredible amount of damage when they make their way into a home, and they too, carry many different diseases. By the time you see even one rodent in the home, an infestation has likely already developed so it is important to call a professional immediately.
How Our Garden City Pest Control Professionals Can Help
The above pests are all enough to give someone the creepy crawlies. The mere mention of pests can strike fear into the heart of homeowners but when they see them in the home, it is even worse. Our Garden City pest control professionals understand this, and are dedicated to helping with your problem. When working with us, we will:
- Perform a full inspection to identify all areas that are infested
- Identify the type of pest you are dealing with so we know exactly how to combat the problem
- Make recommendations that are unique to your home and situation
- Apply treatment that is not only effective, but that will keep you and your family safe
If you have a pest problem, do not waste time and money trying to deal with it on your own. At Barrier Pest Control, our Garden City pest control professionals can get rid of your problem quickly so your home can be your castle once again. Call us today at 208-463-4533 or contact us online to get help.
Our Customers Love Us! See What They Are Saying.
I recently decided to use Barrier Lawn and Pest services as I became acquainted with their services through my place of work. The initial contact with Mike Dean was personable and informative. Scheduling of the service was also very accommodating as I was not given a 2-4 hour window as I had experienced with other companies. The technician arrived on time and reviewed the service with my wife before beginning. Upon completion, my wife was given the company's contact information in case we had any future questions. This experience was very pleasant and we would recommend Barrier's services to any friend or neighbor.View All Testimonials
This Month's Featured Pest
Against popular belief, Cockroaches are quite common in Idaho. You can find them in homes, restaurants and a multitude of other businesses. In general, they prefer warmer areas, which is why we often find them tucked up under kitchen stoves, dishwashers and refrigerators. But they are also found in cabinets, cupboards, drawers, and pantries. They multiply quickly, producing anywhere between 600-800 eggs per year per one female. They contaminate food supplies which results in thousands of dollars in damage each year, carry diseases, and cause illnesses in those in close contact. Treatment is necessary in order to take care of cockroaches and must be done as soon as you notice activity. If you’re needing help with cockroach control, give Barrier Pest Control a call at 208-463-4533. We’d be happy to help!More Pests
Give Us A Shot!
Because of who we are, our history, our commitment to the future, our guarantee, and the specific standards that we hold ourselves to, we are confident that you will want to do business with us. Give us a call at (208) 463-4533 to request a quote! We are open Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM.
Service Area (Southwest Idaho)
Our pest control services are also available in Boise, Garden City, Eagle, Emmett, Meridian, Kuna, Nampa, Melba, Middleton, Star, Marsing, Homedale, Caldwell and Mountain Home.